Sunday 1 July 2012

A Turtle's Tale : Sammy's Adventure

3D
From the team that created the 3D animations Haunted Castle and Fly Me To the Moon, just like in those movies, the 3D in A Turtle's Tale is maxed to the limit. Throughout this ECO conscious animation, not only is there a continuous display of both negative and positive parallax on screen, but the parallax is very wide too. That means that 1) there is always a background, middle and foreground to the image and 2) the depth is deep and the foreground characters are constantly popping  out of the screen. In short, the 3D in a A Turtle's Tale is stupendous and this movie is worthy of 3D demo material. This constant, full on, wide separation 3D, may not be to everyone's taste but in an age of 3D movies of varying quality, several with a shallow 3D, A Turtle's Tale is a refreshing change and should illustrate to other film-makers how great 3D can look. In my opinion, I wish all 3D movies would look this good. This is what 3D is all about. 
Unfortunately, I experienced a compatibility problem between the Blu-ray 3D disc and my equipment in the same way as I did with the movie Drive Angry. The stereo pairs runs out of sync with each other with one side coming in a frame or two earlier than the other one. I was viewing the movie with a Philips 3D Blu-Ray BDP3280 player and LG DM2350D monitor/TV. In the end, I had to rip my Blu-ray 3D to a hard drive first and then watch it at a lower resolution on my 3D capable DLP projector.  It was most definitely worth the effort though as A Turtle's Tale looked spectactular on a bigger 80" screen. I'm already looking forward to the upcoming sequel. See the Trailer below.  (V)

UPDATE: 10/06/13..A software update for my Philips 3D Blu-Ray  BDP3280 player has now fixed the issue with A Turtle's Tale. I have yet to test it on Drive Angry.
       
Buy at Play.com