Tuesday 29 May 2012

3D Making of The 3 Musketeers (in German and English)



I've posted this because 1) it is of interest to 3D fans and 2) it annoys the hell out of me. Why, I hear you ask? Simple. Compare the 3D of the movie to the 3D of the on- location report. Did you spot it? Of course you did. The on-location 3D looks great, has a nice parallax and the 3D effect works perfectly. Now look at the 3D in the actual movie. Does it look half as good? No. More shallow 3D that would get a rating of 2.8 on this site. Grrrr. The 3D frustrations continue.

I was just about to buy the 3D Blu-ray of this as its reduced on Amazon. After comparing the movie to some real 3D filming, I think I'll give it a miss.

Here is my earlier blog entry of the film.

(NOT YET RATED)
From the looks of the trailer, there seems to be the usual mixture of both good and bad 3D in this most recent of remakes. Just like director Paul W.S. Anderson's other 3D movie Resident Evil:Afterlife, some scenes appear to have a good 3D depth while others don't. For that reason, although I haven't yet seen the movie, I will hold back on giving it the 3D logo for now. (VC)

Buy at Amazon.co.uk